A Christ Follower …
I am thrilled that you’ve checked out his blog and this page for that matter. I want to take just a moment and share with you about the most important decision you could ever make! Because this is so important, I have dedicated this page to explain how you can have a relationship with God. Here are some basics to get you started thinking about making a life-changing decision for Jesus Christ:
1. God created us because He LOVES us and wants us to ENJOY a personal relationship with Him.
“Even before the world was made, God had already chosen us to be His through our union with Christ . . . because of His love, God had already decided that through Jesus Christ He would make us His children – this was God’s pleasure and purpose.”
2. HOWEVER, there is a problem! You see, God is perfect, and we are imperfect! The Bible calls this imperfection “SIN.”* Our sin separates us from God, and it results in a consequence. That consequence is eternal separation from God.** The only way for us to enjoy a relationship with God is for us to be perfect ourselves–but nobody is perfect! That’s where Jesus comes in!***
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
“For the wages (penalty) of sin is death (eternal separation from God), but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father (God) except through me.’”
3. The Good News, God came to earth as Jesus to lead a perfect life and to PAY the price for OUR imperfection! Why did God do this? Why did God send His son to die in our place? Because He loves us so much He did EVERYTHING to restore the relationship with imperfect people. Jesus freely offers us this gift through faith in Him.
“But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. All we need to do is receive Jesus’ free gift of salvation, and surrender to Him as Lord and Savior of our life.
“This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.”
5. When we KNOW and LOVE God, and LIVE according to God’s purpose for our lives, it produces tremendous benefits in our lives.
“The thief (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest.”
Here Is A Sample Prayer To Ask Jesus into your life:
“Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me, even when I’ve ignored you and lived my own way. I realize I need you in my life and I’m sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Please help me to understand it more. As much as I know how, I want to follow you from now on. Please come into my life and make me a new person inside. I accept your gift of salvation. Please help me to grow now as a Christian.”
Have you ever said something like this to God?
Please understand being a Christ Follower is more than a being a church-goer or someone who is born into a Christian family. It is also more than being a good person. A Christ Follower is one who admits his/her sins, asks God for forgiveness, and invites Jesus to take control of his/her life. This is called repentance. Repentance means to turn from sin and follow Christ! It’s the realization that you were headed the wrong way and you turn around to get on the right track.
If you do decide to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life, I urge you to tell somebody who is a believer! You can do that by leaving a comment on this page or by telling a trusted friend. I would love to answer questions, offer encouragement, and share in the excitement of your new life that is found in Christ!